Memory loss is not a normal part of aging.
Memory loss, or dementia, presents unique challenges for families. Our professional staff supports families and caregivers with a wide range of options from information and assistance to our Alzheimer’s Respite Program and counseling. We are dedicated to meet the individualized needs of patients who are experiencing memory loss and those who love them.
Caring for someone is a 24/7 full-time job. The Caregiver Respite Program offers several options for individuals and their caregiver’s needing a break.
Someone you feel comfortable with can provide In-home respite to help with things such as bathing, housekeeping, or just keeping your loved one safe so you can have stress and worry free time to yourself.
Call SeniorsPlus at 1-800-427-1241 to find out if you’re eligible to receive respite services. Typically, a family is allowed an annual cap of $3800 in services. The family is responsible for a co-payment of 20% and SeniorsPlus funds the remaining 80%. Waivers of co-payments may be requested.
Alzheimer’s Education and Support
The Alzheimer’s Respite Coordinator is available to provide educational information about Alzheimer’s Disease. We work with caregivers and their families to understand the disease and its progression and we can also connect you with a local support group of caregivers or an educational seminar.
For more information about Alzheimer’s disease, click here to go to the Maine Chapter Alzheimer’s Association website or call their 24-hour help line 1-800-272-3900 to talk with a licensed social worker.
SeniorsPlus welcomes your calls and emails. Consider us your community resource for answers to your questions and information regarding our services.
Providers only! If you are a provider looking to make a referral, please click here for HIPAA-compliant form.Contact Us