Help is only a phone call away - 1-800-427-1241
SeniorsPlus, the Aging and Disability Resource Center for Androscoggin, Franklin and Oxford counties.
Our primary service is answering your questions (simple to complex), connecting you to the right resources, and assisting in the process if needed. If you are an older adult, an adult with disabilities or a family member or friend - this is your first call to make when you need answers.
Our aging and disability experts will listen, help assess your individual situation and work with you and your family to connect with community resources and services to meet your needs.
These services are free and open to anyone.
We can help with such things as:
- Locating home care services
- Understanding and completing Advance Directives
- Resources to help those who are hard of hearing or sight-impaired
- Locating nursing home, residential care, and assisted living facilities in your area and understanding the differences.
- Medicare Counseling
- Health and Wellness Education
- Caregiver support
- Alzheimer's education and respite
- Meals on Wheels and LunchPlus Cafes
- Assistance with applications
- Tax and Rent Rebate
- Social Security Administration
- Home Energy Assistance Program
- Adaptive equipment
- Benefits check-up to make sure you are signed up for all assistance you are eligible to receive.
- Planning for the future and accessing long term care supports and services.
If you are 60+ and single with income below $1,500 per month, or a 60+ couple with income below $2,100 per month, you may be eligible for more public benefits than you currently claim. SeniorsPlus can help you receive income you might be entitled to. SeniorsPlus can help you learn about, and apply for, programs that can save you money. These benefits may include:
- Maine Rx Plus Program
- Low Cost Drug Program (DEL)
- Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP)
- Food Supplement Benefits
- Qualified Individual-1 (QI-1)
- Specified Low-Income Medicare Beneficiary (SLMB)
- Qualified Medicare Beneficiary (QMB)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Medicare Part D - Low Income Subsidy
To see if you qualify:
- Review our self-assessment checklist by clicking on the link below. Then call SeniorsPlus to speak with one of our Elder Services Consultants at 1-800-427-1241 and make an appointment for application assistance.
Single (one person household) self-assessment checklist, click here.
Couple (two person household) self-assessment checklist, click here.
- Use the National Council on Aging’s BenefitsCheckUP tool, by clicking here. This is a free, national web site that identifies programs available to help seniors. You will complete a confidential, on-line questionnaire. Then a customized report will be immediately generated, providing you with a specific and comprehensive list of programs for which you most likely qualify. Applications for many programs can be downloaded here.
Our comprehensive database can provide you with referrals and information that will connect you with most any type of service.
Find out if you're eligible for program benefits such as a tax and rent rebate, a low cost drug card, Medicaid, food supplement or senior housing. We will review your income level to determine your eligibility. If you qualify, we'll help you fill out the necessary applications.
Call us to make an appointment at our offices or, for those that are homebound, in your home.
SeniorsPlus has an equipment loan program so that you can borrow items such as wheelchairs or walkers. Call us to make a request and we'll let you know what we have available.